What we did
Adnitt Acoustics originally worked on the master plan for this regeneration scheme that is set to provide 2,400 homes, a new transport infrastructure, school, healthy living centre, community space, offices and sports provision in South Kilburn.
Two of the residential sites in the master plan are Albert Road and at Carlton Vale roundabout. The Albert Road site is next to the West Coast Mainline.
Throughout the design and construction process of both residential sites, we provided noise and vibration measurement services, as well as consultancy advice.
Acoustic features of this project
Our involvement in this project included:
- Finalising the design for construction;
- Monitoring construction noise;
- Measuring noise intrusion from rail and road traffic;
- A successful programme of pre-completion sound insulation testing at Albert Road, including over 100 individual measurements;
- Carrying out a similarly successful pre-completion testing programme at the Carlton Vale roundabout site.
The project team
Architect: PRP Architects
Main Contractor: Denne Construction
Acoustics: Adnitt Acoustics