What we did
This £65m residential-led mixed-use development project is part of the London Borough of Brent's £400 million regeneration of South Kilburn. This particular development:
- Comprises of 3-blocks of 144 residential units - of which 28 are affordable apartments - and a 5,200 sq ft retail unit;
- Sits adjacent to the Queen's Park railway station and the West Coast Mainline;
- Is surroundedby busy local roads.
Independent noise and vibration design advice, measurement and testing services were all required during the design and construciton stages of this 2-year project.
Acoustic features of this project
Our involvement in this development included:
- Finalising the design for construction;
- Measuring noise intrusion from the mainline railway and road traffic;
- Conducting a successful programme of pre-completion sound insulation testing to comply with residential and retail building regulations;
- Undertaking a similarly successful 100% air tightness testing programme, involving all 144 residential units and the commercial retail unit, to meet the requirements of Approved Document L1A and L2A 2013.
The project team
Architect: SimpsonHaugh and Partners
Main Contractor: Bouygues UK
Acoustics: Adnitt Acoustics