Stephen Lawrence Centre
- RIBA Stages
- 3: Developed Design
- 4: Technical Design
What we did
The Stephen Lawrence Centre is the community building built by the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust in memory of murdered teenager, Stephen Lawrence.
The Centre is a place for community learning and social research, inspiring and motivating local youth and young adults. It is available for conferences, meetings, training and seminars, and regularly hosts exhibitions and artistic events in best practice urban design and architecture which Stephen wanted to do.
Throughout the design stage of this iconic building, we worked with architects Adjaye Associates to incorporate good acoustic performance levels in a cost effective manner throughout the Centre’s facilities.
These facilities include:
- 70-seat, air conditioned lecture room with audio amplifier and control speakers;
- 21 workstation PC room and 13 workstation Mac room, each with projector, audio amplifier and control speakers and air conditioning;
- Mentoring room;
- Terrace with kitchen and cafeteria seating;
- Media and radio studios;
The project team
Architect: Adjaye Associates
M&E Engineer: Aecom
Acoustics: Adnitt Acoustics
- High acoustic performance standards
- Financial constraints of a charitable trust